I don't claim to be an expert fisherman ... just a guy who loves to fish and has been blessed for his efforts. I learned a long time ago that in fishing, and in much of life, you get out of it what you put into it. I work hard when fishing, I study a lot, and always try to learn something on every outing. I hope you can use the information I post on this blog to learn something as well. Thanks for following along!



Thursday, August 12, 2010

August 11 and 12, 2010

Tried something new last night ... started fishing at the gap end of the south breakwall at 10:30 pm and fished until 7:00 this morning. Fought off the humidity, mosquitoes, and a raccoon. About 1:30 the baitfish started showing up. I grabbed my jigging rod and had a hit immediately on 4" gulp. Hook popped out, had another hit, then caught a 7 pound Brown. Beautiful buck, built like a football. Had a couple more hits on the gulp, then caught about an 8 lb king on a glow KO Wobbler. Had a few more hits on gulp just before sunrise. When the sun came up I couldn't believe the amount of bait in the area, but it was all small.

I really enjoyed the experience ... saw an awesome meteor shower and a gorgeous sunrise. Did not see another person around until 5:00 a.m. ... felt like I had the entire lake to myself. Can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment