I don't claim to be an expert fisherman ... just a guy who loves to fish and has been blessed for his efforts. I learned a long time ago that in fishing, and in much of life, you get out of it what you put into it. I work hard when fishing, I study a lot, and always try to learn something on every outing. I hope you can use the information I post on this blog to learn something as well. Thanks for following along!



Sunday, May 8, 2011

Things I Learned Today ...

First day of bass fishing for the year. Waters still pretty cold and weed growth is minimal. None the less I picked up a few males and had another few bites/fish lost. I threw everything but the kitchen sink at them. Started with DT-1's trying to find some active fish and get an idea of where they might be. Changed to a Trigger X Frog and ad one real nice bit in about 2' of water. Had another nice bite and almost hook set on a pearl Banjo. Eventually threw an X Rap and a spinner bait as well. Ended up with 2 pike and 2 largemouth ... both males about 15" and both came on a fire tiger DT-1.


I also learned Trokar hooks are REALLY sharp ... especially when you stick one in your finger. AND .... snapping turtles are on the prowl right now as well. That always concerns me a little as I'm wading, especially on days like today when I spend most of my time in crotch deep water.

Warmer weather and a good warm rain are both in the forecast. The females should be moving in by next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment