I don't claim to be an expert fisherman ... just a guy who loves to fish and has been blessed for his efforts. I learned a long time ago that in fishing, and in much of life, you get out of it what you put into it. I work hard when fishing, I study a lot, and always try to learn something on every outing. I hope you can use the information I post on this blog to learn something as well. Thanks for following along!



Sunday, March 13, 2011

When the Conditions Don't Cooperate ...

I wanted to fish in the worst way this weekend, but I've made up my mind that I'm done on the ice for the year. That means ... hello long rods! However, it's tough fishing long rods through an 8" hole. So ... maybe next weekend!

What does a fisherman do when they can't fish? That's easy ... SHOP! Spent a an hour or so at Dick's today making good use of some discount coupons. I loaded up on cranks and floats. Flicker Shads and Clackin Minnows ... 6.2 to 8 gram Sheffield floats.


The forecast this week calls for 40 and 50 degree temps and only a little rain. The rivers should be open and fishable by Saturday ... and the marinas will not be far behind. Can't wait to tie into a few Steelies and Browns!

1 comment:

  1. Done on the ice for the year? Say it aint so Todd. I think those Florida reds got ya spoiled. Nice selection of warm water tackle.

    ReplyDelete