I don't claim to be an expert fisherman ... just a guy who loves to fish and has been blessed for his efforts. I learned a long time ago that in fishing, and in much of life, you get out of it what you put into it. I work hard when fishing, I study a lot, and always try to learn something on every outing. I hope you can use the information I post on this blog to learn something as well. Thanks for following along!



Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Lake Waubesa - May 25, 2009 - Memorial Day

Fished from 6:30 to 10:30 AM and again from 1:00 to 9:00 pm. Waded shoreline. Caught 54 largemouth, 3 northerns, and 3 muskies ... the largest largemouth was a pair of 18" and one muskie was 36". All caught on Rapala DT-1 in blue/white/orange. Lost 3 very large bass. Temp was cool in morning - high of 70 - partly to mastly cloudy with light drizzle at about 8:00 pm. Winds out of east at 10-20 mph. Water temp in high 60's. Bluegills just starting to bed. Mayfly hatch began at 8:20 p.m. - bass became inactive immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment