I don't claim to be an expert fisherman ... just a guy who loves to fish and has been blessed for his efforts. I learned a long time ago that in fishing, and in much of life, you get out of it what you put into it. I work hard when fishing, I study a lot, and always try to learn something on every outing. I hope you can use the information I post on this blog to learn something as well. Thanks for following along!



Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall Fishing Vacation - Day 1

My fishing vacation started a little slow today ... Fished with my friend Damien, caught a couple of kings and lost a few other fish, including one brown trout. Clear, cold, and windy was not the weather condition I was hoping for, and it proved to lead to a difficult bite. Saw very few fish surfacing. It appears the king salmon run is 90% complete, and those fish that are still "catchable" are nearing the spawn and the ensuing death that is imminent.

I'll be back at it tomorrow, hoping to chase down some browns. They appear to be moving into the marinas as I saw them in numerous locations today following crank baits. A slight weather change is being predicted, including rain in the afternoon ... and rain certainly can't hurt at this point.


1 comment:

  1. nice you guys got into a few fish. certainly the rain can hurt! maybe it will bring in a few more cohos?

    ReplyDelete