I don't claim to be an expert fisherman ... just a guy who loves to fish and has been blessed for his efforts. I learned a long time ago that in fishing, and in much of life, you get out of it what you put into it. I work hard when fishing, I study a lot, and always try to learn something on every outing. I hope you can use the information I post on this blog to learn something as well. Thanks for following along!



Monday, October 10, 2011

Tying Up Some Trout Candy!

One of the Coho’s I caught over the weekend had loose spawn. Tonight I started tying that spawn up into sacks. I tied some of it in pink mesh and some in orange. Both were then cured with the corresponding color of Borx O Fire. Normally I would not tie up pink sacs but with the Coho’s still around I’ll make sure I have some available for them.

This is a bit of a cross-over time as the fish will some be transitioning from a skein bite to a spawn bite. I’d really encourage you to be prepared and make sure you have both with.



1 comment:

  1. I remember doing that! Tedious, but it sure beats buying roe bags. Around here the unscrupulous are over harvesting for roe alone. A large king hen holds hundreds of dollars worth of roe bags.

    ReplyDelete