I don't claim to be an expert fisherman ... just a guy who loves to fish and has been blessed for his efforts. I learned a long time ago that in fishing, and in much of life, you get out of it what you put into it. I work hard when fishing, I study a lot, and always try to learn something on every outing. I hope you can use the information I post on this blog to learn something as well. Thanks for following along!



Monday, August 20, 2012

Slow Down in Madison

The weekend was a little slower than normal. The walleye bite is still good on Mendota but the smallmouth bite was slower for me. Perch are pretty scattered right now. If you want to catch white bass ... you can usually catch as many as you want just about every day. Muskie fishing on Monona and Waubesa is slower than it was early in the summer. Murky water may have something to do with that. Nice weather this week should stabilize things again for a while. I'm looking for the smallmouth bite to pick up again. The challenge on Mendota is figuring out where they're more active ... on the rock humps or on the weed egdes. In both spots ... there are plenty of big fish to go around!

No comments:

Post a Comment