I don't claim to be an expert fisherman ... just a guy who loves to fish and has been blessed for his efforts. I learned a long time ago that in fishing, and in much of life, you get out of it what you put into it. I work hard when fishing, I study a lot, and always try to learn something on every outing. I hope you can use the information I post on this blog to learn something as well. Thanks for following along!



Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Up and Down Weekend

Weird weather last weekend led to an inconsistent bite for me. I was on the water by 5:45 on Saturday. Dead calm conditions made for a slow bite. The wind picked up about 10 am ... and so did the bite. I picked up the two smallies below in the next 15 minutes. Then about noon the wind blew me right off the lake. Sunday I chased walleyes for about 4 hours. Picked up 6 on a deep, steep rock hump (from 55' to 25'), 4 of which were just under the 18" size limit. The other two were twin 20"s.

No comments:

Post a Comment