I don't claim to be an expert fisherman ... just a guy who loves to fish and has been blessed for his efforts. I learned a long time ago that in fishing, and in much of life, you get out of it what you put into it. I work hard when fishing, I study a lot, and always try to learn something on every outing. I hope you can use the information I post on this blog to learn something as well. Thanks for following along!



Friday, January 14, 2011

A Week of Lessons Learned

It's the end of another long week.  I've learned a lot, some of it good, some of it not so good.
  • I discovered that sometimes fishing is a blast ... and sometimes it's not.
  • I discovered that cleaning my office didn't hurt as much as I thought it would.
  • I discovered that cleaning my facebook account up was actually kind of fun!
  • I discovered that you can learn a lot about people from fishing. 
  • I discovered that I needed to re-evaluate what fishing is really all about.
  • I discovered that for the amount of cash I've dropped on a local guide in the last 18 months ... I can fly my wife and myself to Florida and fish for Redfish with my brothers and another guide for 3 days. 
  • Finally, tomorrow I'm going to discover what it feels like to sleep in again instead of getting up at 4:00 am to go fishing ... unless, of course, someone calls and says "Let's go fishing!"
So, enjoy your weekend and remember ... GO PACK GO! Hopefully we'll be battling for the Super Bowl next weekend with our friends to the south! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment